The National Gianna Center Non-Profit
In all that we do to advance the Gianna mission, we are deeply inspired by the words of Pope John Paul II.
“To all the members of the Church, the people of life and for life, I make this most urgent appeal, that together we may offer this world of ours new signs of hope, and work to ensure that justice and solidarity will increase and that a new culture of human life will be affirmed, for the building of an authentic civilization of truth and love.”
The mission of the National Gianna non-profit is to help our national network of Gianna medical affiliates to provide pro-life, authentically Catholic health and fertility care to women and families. To that end, we continue to establish and nurture a national network of healthcare centers based on the Gianna model, which offers a national alternative to artificial birth control, abortion and in vitro fertilization (IVF) and paves the way for the culture of life to flourish in parishes and communities around the country.
“By demonstrating the love and compassion of Christ to each person who comes through our doors, while simultaneously bearing witness to pro-life, Catholic medical ethics and offering high quality healthcare, we believe that we can make the Gospel of Life a reality in the lives of individuals and families, and ultimately transform the culture.
We hope you will take a moment to review our website to learn more about our vision, and we hope that after visiting the site, you will consider becoming a part of our Gianna family. In paving the way for the culture of life we are always grateful for new ambassadors for this vital mission.”
Anne Nolte, MD
Co-Founder – The National Gianna Center
The Center is sponsored by the Diocese of Metuchen and operates under the auspices of Saint Peter’s Healthcare System, a non-profit corporation that operates an acute care 478-bed teaching hospital in New Brunswick, New Jersey. Saint Peter’s took over the Gianna Center in 2011 after the demise of Saint Vincent Hospital in Manhattan. Under Saint Peter’s pro-growth leadership, the Center has expanded to eight Gianna affiliates around the country. Our main office is located in New Brunswick, and we have eight Gianna affiliates in New York City; Clinton, New Jersey; Long Island, New York; Albany, New York; Syracuse, New York; Covington, Louisiana, and Shawnee, Kansas.
Named in honor of Saint Gianna Beretta Molla (1922-62), the Milanese pediatrician whom Pope John Paul II canonized for her personification of the culture of life, the National Gianna Center 501 (c) 3 non-profit is dedicated to giving women and families natural and ethical options for the management of their health and fertility care, access to natural family planning education and restorative and ethical alternatives to hormonal contraceptives for managing reproductive health issues.
We at the National Gianna non-profit accomplish our mission by helping our national network of Gianna medical practices to thrive so that they can pave the way for the culture of life. In all that we do at the Gianna Center, we return again and again to our ultimate goal, which is to transform the mainstream culture so fundamentally that, for individuals awakened to the culture of life and love, choosing abortion or IVF becomes unthinkable.
Our National Gianna Affiliates
Our Gianna affiliates are independent medical practices owned and operated by their own physicians, diocese, healthcare system or working group and governed by their own Board of Directors. Centers may be for profit or non-profit corporations but must commit to the following:
- Supporting, educating, and encouraging young people to remain chaste before marriage
- Providing access to education in effective methods of natural family planning for married couples
- Offering effective, pro-life medical alternatives to birth control and in vitro fertilization
- Supporting a community’s network of crisis pregnancy centers and serving as a medical resource for abortion-vulnerable women
- Educating the culture about a pro-life, pro-woman, authentically Catholic approach to women’s reproductive healthcare and Catholic medical ethics
- Supporting couples who have been given an adverse prenatal diagnosis
- Providing medical care to religious sisters that recognize the value of their vocation to consecrated life
We have created our national network by providing independent, affiliated medical centers – “Gianna Centers” — with the guidance and the assistance they need to provide high quality, ethically sound, authentically Catholic reproductive healthcare. Intensive, thorough preparation at the practice/community level and at the National Gianna Center level is critical to expanding the Gianna network.
The Creighton Model FertilityCare™ System and NaProTechnology
The health and fertility services provided by our National Gianna Centers are uniformly based on the Creighton Model FertilityCare™ System and NaProTechnology, both of which enable our physicians and practitioners to offer women natural and restorative approaches to managing their health and fertility care. With these two unique systems, our medical staff provides comprehensive health and fertility care that is in line with best medical practices and consistent with the Ethical and Religious Directives for Catholic Health Care Services, standards which all faiths can approve.
The National Gianna Center for Women’s Health and Fertility offers a knowledge-based, holistic, restorative reproductive health program for women. This approach applies real solutions to real problems by educating women to understand their bodies and their fertility cycles, communicate this information to their doctors, and thereby improve their individual reproductive health outcomes.
The National Gianna Non-Profit
The National Gianna non-profit provides the following assistance to Gianna medical practices:
- Guidance regarding practice start-up and management
- Provision of Gianna Protocols and Handbook, including Corporate Compliance and Risk Management
- Assistance with development, marketing, and promotion
- Access to standard medical forms and handouts
- Ongoing clinical and practice management assistance
In turn, our national network of Gianna medical centers offers:
- Deliver better outcomes for patients who seek medical care in key areas:
- Pregnancy outcomes for patients with infertility and recurrent miscarriage
- Successful use of natural family planning alternatives
- Are financially sustainable over the long-term
- Exceed industry standards with respect to patient satisfaction
- Are considered reputable, trustworthy resources for their local Roman Catholic Diocese
- Become recognized in their community as a source of excellent, alternative medical care which is also ethically sound
Proof of the good work of National Gianna is how much the Gianna brand is becoming recognized nationally and in individual communities as synonymous with healthcare practices that offer women and families the highest quality of reproductive healthcare, which is both compassionately delivered and ethically sound.
Successful Gianna Outcomes Are Paving the Way for the Culture of Life
- Infertility — The Gianna Center offers a unique approach to treating infertility which is in line with Catholic teachings and is as effective, if not more effective, than IVF with not only less destruction of early life but also better health outcomes for mothers and their babies. For each baby conceived at the Gianna Center in couples with infertility, an average of 7 embryos are spared compared to those conceived through in vitro fertilization. For each baby conceived with the help of a Gianna Center, the healthcare system saves tens to hundreds of thousands of dollars due to rates of preterm birth rates which are below the national average compared to the preterm birth rates associated with in vitro fertilization which are four times higher than the national average.
- Benefits to pregnancy help centers – Local pregnancy help centers provide a needed resource in the community by supporting abortion-vulnerable women through counsel, guidance and other support services. When medical issues arise, the Gianna Center serves as the go-to place for medical advice about patients in need, in some cases assuming care of the patient and coordinating transfer to supportive medical care. In New York City, the Gianna Center partners with AVAIL to provide pregnancy ultrasounds to women considering abortions. The majority of women who are strongly considering abortion or have already scheduled an appointment for an abortion will change their mind after viewing their baby on an ultrasound.
- Religious sisters – The Gianna Center is uniquely equipped to provide gynecologic healthcare respectful of the unique needs of religious sisters.
- The greatest successes of the Gianna Medical Centers are best illustrated by the testimonies of the patients we serve. Here is one of many
“I was introduced to Gianna through an Opus Dei priest. He suggested my giving Gianna a try…I was interested in doing so because I was beginning to see how as persons of dignity, we cannot separate our physical, spiritual and emotional selves into compartments… which can often leave us feeling fragmented…I first met with Dr. Kyle Beiter for a consultation. He actively listened to my concerns and answered any and all questions I put forth. No topic was off limits, no question ‘silly:” I knew I was in a safe place. His professional and compassionate approach put me at ease. I felt comfortable, and armed with the information Dr. Beiter gave, I left feeling that I had been given time that was to become fruitful. After Dr. Beiter moved to New Jersey, I began seeing his colleague, Dr. Nolte. She is wonderful. Kind, compassionate, down-to-earth, professional, and direct, Dr. Nolte is the living embodiment of the Gianna vocation and vision. I am so grateful for the Gianna Center! The women in the office are kind, and I have experienced doctor offices where the staff’s tone is so often rushed and all about the business. That leaves the patient feeling like nothing more than a customer. I have never felt this way at the Gianna Center. Seeing the Crucifix on the wall and seeing posters and books that reaffirm the dignity and integrity of women reminds everyone at the Gianna Center that God is in our midst. He is there already, of course; but so often ignored. At the Gianna Center, He is not denied, or marginalized. He is embraced. And that helps us become whole in a world where we are easily fractured. Thank God for the Gianna Center!