Robert E. Crotty
Robert Crotty is a partner in the firm’s New York office. He focuses his practice on commercial litigation, trials, arbitrations and appeals.
- Obtained an acquittal for a corporate client in a criminal antitrust trial in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York.
- Represented a major chemical company in obtaining payment of $32 million from the Connecticut Guaranty Association, the full face value of the six insurance policies involved.
- Obtained a defense jury verdict in favor of a large New York City hospital in an employee benefit case.
- Achieved a favorable settlement of an action for securities fraud brought by a Fortune 500 company, against a major European bank & a New York investment bank.
- Obtained a multi-million dollar jury verdict for a major chemical company on a Ship Builder’s Risk policy issued by Lloyd’s of London.
- Obtained a defense jury verdict on behalf of a major New York City financial institution in a 10b-5 action.
- Obtained a defense jury verdict in a toxic tort case against a major chemical company.
- Successfully defended at trial a major New York City hospital and two of its doctors in a libel suit.
- Obtained summary judgment in favor of a Fortune 500 media company in a case involving claims of wrongful discharge and denial of employee benefits.
- Represented a major chemical company along with a patent law firm on antitrust and fraud on the patent office issues.
Memberships & Associations
New York State Bar Association
Bar Association of the City of New York, Judiciary Committee, 1992-1995
Arequipa, Peru Bar Association, honorary member
Advisory Committee of the Faculty of Law, Catholic University of San Pablo, Arequipa, Peru, member
New York Lawyer for the Public Interest, director
The Guild of Catholic Lawyers, president
Honors & Awards
Selected as one of The Best Lawyers in America© in the Litigation – Trusts & Estates area, 2015-2016.
Listed in New York “Super Lawyers,” 2006-2012 and 2014-2015.